BANGUS FILLET PARMIGIANA WITH GARLIC SPAGHETTI
Why not pair bangus with spaghetti instead of rice? Blanketed in a sumptuous tomato sauce and melted mozzarella cheese, this is one mouthwatering dish!
Serves 4 to 6 Prep Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
FOR THE BANGUS FILLET PARMIGIANA
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
500 grams bangus back fillet, sliced into 6 pieces
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1 (600-gram) can diced stewed tomatoes, drained with the liquid reserved
2/3 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
FOR THE GARLIC SPAGHETTI
1 bulb garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
250 grams spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
salt and pepper, to taste
basil leaves, for garnish
1. Make the bangus fillet Parmigiana: Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
2. Combine evaporated milk, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Marinate bangus fillet in milk mixture for 10 minutes.
3. Coat each slice in breadcrumb and cheese mixture. Press firmly for breading to adhere. Set aside.
4. Heat butter in a nonstick frying pan. Sear bangus fillets until brown on both sides. Add stewed tomatoes and Italian seasoning; simmer for 3 minutes. Add reserved liquid from canned tomatoes, then remove pan from heat.
5. Assemble bangus fillets in an oven-safe ceramic baking dish. Pour sauce over. Top generously with mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until mozzarella cheese melts.
7. Make the garlic spaghetti: Sauté garlic in olive oil until golden. Add cooked spaghetti; mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. To assemble, arrange garlic spaghetti on individual plates. Top with the baked bangus fillet. Pour sauce over and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with basil leaves.