Serves 3 to 4 Prep Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
300 to 400 grams linguine, or your favorite long pasta
1 boneless tinapang bangus (smoked milkfish), about 500 grams
olive oil, for sautéing
1 medium white onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
500 ml cream
sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus extra for garnish zest from one lemon
1/2 to 1 cup reserved pasta water, or as needed
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 to 1 cup pasta water. Set aside noodles and pasta water.
2. Meanwhile, remove all the meat of the bangus from the skin, making sure that there are no remaining bones. Roughly flake the bangus meat.
3. Heat a frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add a few swirls of olive oil.
4. Add onions and garlic. Sauté, stirring, until onions are soft and translucent. Add bangus and toss, sautéing until heated through. Add cream and stir to combine. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until the flavors have melded. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in dill and lemon zest.
5. If the sauce looks too thick, add pasta water, spoonful by spoonful, until desired consistency is reached. Taste for seasoning one last time, then remove from heat. 6 Serve on top of cooked pasta noodles or separately. Garnish with more fresh dill, if desired.